Zucchini & Carrot Fritters with Avocado Dip
Servings: 4 servings
A blend of carrots and zucchini mashed together with the avocado dipPrint Recipe
- ½ cup 85g quinoa
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 5 medium eggs
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 4 sprigs basil finely chopped
- 10 blades chives finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2-4 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 small avocados
- ½ small lemon juice only
- Cook the quinoa according to instructions on the packaging.
- Grate the carrot and zucchini using the large holes and place the vegetables in a bowl. Add in the eggs, cooked quinoa, chopped herbs and stir well — season with salt and pepper and mix in the flour.
- Heat some oil in a pan, add oil and spoon a tablespoon or two of the batter into the pan for make 12 fritters. Fry for 1 minute, turn gently turn with a spatula and fry for another minute or two. Continue in the same way with the rest of the batter.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone, place the avocado flesh together with lemon juice in a blender and blitz until a smooth. Season with salt and pepper and serve with the fritters.
Have fun with this, even the kids will love it
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 205mg | Sodium: 120mg | Potassium: 1091mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 6218IU | Vitamin B1: 1mg | Vitamin B2: 1mg | Vitamin B3: 3mg | Vitamin B5: 3mg | Vitamin B6: 1mg | Vitamin B12: 1µg | Vitamin C: 47mg | Vitamin D: 1µg | Vitamin E: 5mg | Vitamin K: 47µg | Calcium: 86mg | Copper: 1mg | Folate: 193µg | Iron: 4mg | Manganese: 1mg | Magnesium: 102mg | Phosphorus: 317mg | Selenium: 22µg | Zinc: 2mg